Episode 14 - The impossible task of translating Osho's books
Today our guest is Nirvano. Nirvano was a professor of German and English language, before taking sannyas in 1976 and he has been translating Osho’s discourses for almost 40 years.
I think you’re going to really enjoy this episode, and as always, send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enjoy the show!
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- Nirvano’s background (from Germany to the UK via Africa)
- How Nirvano arrived to Osho
- Nirvano describes what Darshan is and his first meeting with Osho
- How Osho bypassed Nirvano's mind and gave him sannyas
- How Nirvano became the official translator of Osho’s books into German language
- Osho never wrote a book, yet there are approximately 700 titles under Osho’s name
- Nirvano talks about the challenges of translating Osho’s words in German language
- Nirvano’s secret technique when translating Osho's words into German language
- Translating Osho: an impossible task yet necessary to create thirst
- Osho in Germany today
- Nirvano describes his job of cleaning up the German language from the Nazi manipulation of certain terminology
- The story of how a gay guy ended up marrying an ex-nun
- Nirvano's morning routine
- Nirvano's favourite meditation
- Nirvano and Osho today
Love Osho Youtube channel
*** REVIEW! ***
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please subscribe and leave us a review on Apple Podcasts. It helps us improve the show and makes it easier for other people to find us and benefit from the content. Thank you so much!